The Construction Project Manager manages the sourcing, coordination, implementation and oversight of construction management services in support of development and re-development opportunities for USAA Real Estate and its investment partners. Represent the owner/investor construction management requirements related to real estate development projects.
- Perform and/or oversee construction management duties (e.g. due diligence, planning, permitting, contract administration, budget and schedule development, periodic reporting, managing change orders, project close-out, etc.) in support of USAA Real Estate development projects. Actively participate in construction planning sessions, to include design meetings as well as general contractor selection. Review and oversee construction draws and cost submittals. Make recommendations for realigning project budgets and contingencies based on project scope changes, actual costs, and unplanned events.
- Complete monthly project status reporting for assigned projects to report on cash flow, forecasting, schedule, project challenges, etc.
- Accountable for project completion in a timely manner and the financial health of the project from development to closeout
- Develop and enhance relationships with development partners, tenant’s, and related construction service providers.
- Manage and/or oversee multiple development projects simultaneously, while ensuring new budget requests are met, new projects are started on time and completed projects are properly closed out, on time and on budget.
- Assess challenges, gather information, research, and initiate innovative solutions to streamline owner’s development management platform to drive industry-leading processes and techniques.
- Manage and oversee all construction related legal documentation related to the execution of the project, including, but not limited to, the following agreements: General Contractor Construction Contract, Architect/Design Professional Contracts, Civil Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, and all other consulting services agreements related to the project (roof consultant, concrete consultant, materials testing, etc.).
- Utilize the USAA Real Estate standard construction specifications and ensure the developers and contractors are building within the specifications outlined. Continue to modify and refine the standard specifications based on changes in construction techniques and/or building materials and practices.
- Key qualifications include:
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Demonstrate an understanding of the construction process and have technical building experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A team player with a strong worth ethic
- Experience and success working on multiple, complex projects at one time
- Perform other duties as assigned
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Real Estate Development, Architecture, Finance or related field.
- 4+ years of commercial real estate experience.
- Experience with Office, Industrial/Logistics, Multi-family/Senior Housing, and/or Retail development;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and Word.
- Ideal candidate will be a team player with proven leadership skills, problem solving skills, an innovative approach to process excellence, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel. Travel could be 3-4 trips per month and most trips are of short duration. Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, etc; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.