Assist the Regional Executive Vice President and senior members of the Real Estate Management team on various initiatives related to oversight of the Los Angeles Region. Immediately accountable to prepare Quarterly IFRS Asset Valuations for Los Angeles as well as assisting with real-time asset and portfolio valuations for pending strategic initiatives using Argus Enterprise.
Direct Ownership of Regional Asset Valuations
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing quarterly forecasting and annual budget valuations for the Los Angeles portfolio including, but not limited to:
- Liaise with Leasing, Accounting, Operations and Construction departments to ensure the rent rolls, recovery calculations, forecasted new leasing, projections, allowances, inducements, capital expenses and operating budgets are reconciled to ensure accuracy and completeness of Financial Models and Valuations.
- Reconcile and update Yardi ABF to Argus Enterprise models.
- Ensure investment metrics used in all financial modelling are soundly supported by market and qualitative asset analysis.
- Continually analyze Asset cash flows for reasonableness and discuss areas of concerns with executive team.
- Engage and direct third-party firms in the preparation of independent valuations for IFRS comparison.
- Confidently prepare timely and accurate quarterly IFRS presentation material for Brookfield Properties’ Regional COO, including contextual commentary and variance explanations.
Support EVP, SVP, VP with Strategic Initiative Analyses and Formal Reporting
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing desktop valuations and underwriting analyses for various Strategic Initiatives which may impact the region, including acquisitions, dispositions, financings, redevelopments and new developments using Argus Enterprise and MS Excel.
- Consolidate individual asset valuations into fund track record in order to facilitate portfolio-level scenarios and valuation analyses, including embedded optionality to evaluate partial portfolio dispositions and acquisition investment returns.
- Assist in analyzing and implementing leasing strategies, including providing timely and accurate NER and valuation analyses of major lease transactions as well as stewarding financial covenant reviews of proposed tenancies.
- Analyze redevelopment and value-add opportunities within the existing DTLA portfolio.
- Assist and coordinate the preparation of quarterly DTLA Board of Directors and DTLA Fund reporting with the BPY Fund Management team.
- Quickly respond to ad hoc information requests from Fund Partners.
- Responsible for maintaining resourceful sales and capital market comparatives vis-à-vis strong industry relationships, track and report key business metrics such as quarterly market reports, studies, and economic stats.
- Guide and direct analytic team to accomplish tasks and initiatives for the portfolio.
Business Planning, Audit and Compliance
- Thorough completion of all tasks related to the annual Business Plans, including coordinating and collaborating with respect to the generation of specific leasing assumptions and inflation curves, operating and capital budgets, modelled recovery profiles and individual asset strategies.
- Completion of final Business Plan deliverables to the respective Regional COO, Global COO and DTLA Fund Partners.
- Maintain detailed interim and year-end supporting schedules as needed for internal/external auditors related to regional assets and assist with corporate Audit Compliance requirements as needed.
- Strong real estate financial modeling skills with in-depth knowledge of Argus Enterprise.
- 5+ years of extensive exposure to commercial office real estate valuation modeling.
- Excellent numerical aptitude and arithmetically proficient with a sound understanding of NPV, IRR and TVM principles.
- Strong analytical ability, understands minutiae as well as macro-level impacts and provides meaningful conclusions.
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development.
- Highly detail-oriented; ability to problem solve and propose real-time solutions to Senior Executive Management.
- Confidently able to provide results and present to Senior Executive Management under tight deadlines.
- Proven history of excelling within team dynamics.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications with Advanced Excel.
- Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Finance and/or Business Administration.
- Professional Financial or Commercial Real Estate underwriting designation additionally beneficial.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.