Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Aligned with more than 100 investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with our significant co-investment in all programs. USAA Real Estate has achieved a track record of success living up to the high standards set at USAA and sharing its mission and culture of service. USAA Real Estate is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
The Sustainability Associate is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and delivery of the sustainability program, strategy and guidelines for all USAA Real Estate managed assets as well as company strategy and goals. Responsibilities include collaboration, reporting, and engagement with various stakeholders, including internal teams (Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Acquisitions, and Development, etc.), partners, investors, and tenants. Sustainability initiatives include asset-level energy, water and waste reductions, and benchmarking and cost management as it relates to these indicators. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) engagement, programming, and reporting is a heavy focus for the sustainability and operations team and the associate will be an integral team member in these efforts. The Associate can expect an environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing hands on career-building experience.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data related to energy and water consumption and waste data. Follow up with property managers and others to ensure complete and timely data submission.
- Assist with data deliverables for investor reports.
- Conduct independent research and assist in authoring sustainability reports, case studies, and policies.
- Support Director in providing sustainability subject matter expertise to all departments, including but not limited to Asset Management, Acquisitions, Development, Global Investors Group, Real Estate Operations.
- Gather and prepare data, graphics, and support analysis of performance for annual Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) report, which includes ESG related issues.
- ESG reporting assistance, to include efforts around stakeholder engagement, diversity and inclusion, climate risk analysis, and resiliency.
- Work with Director of Sustainability and Head of Real Estate Operations to develop new strategies and identify ways to drive innovation and create value.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, creativeness and ownership by assisting with the timely resolution of various property-level issues with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, environmental science, or sustainability related field.
- LEED Green Associate or willingness to obtain this certification soon after beginning employment.
- 4+ years’ experience in sustainability; real estate operations; real estate asset management; Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG); and/or Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Available to relocate to San Antonio, TX.
- Experience and proficiency in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years