Everest is a privately held, diversified real estate investment firm. As an entrepreneurial company, Everest specializes in the acquisition, recapitalization, and asset management of real estate, with significant experience investing in and managing REIT, TIC, LLC, and LP real estate investment entities. Everest invests its own capital alongside its institutional and individual partners, and often owns a substantial majority of the equity of projects within its portfolio. Everest’s current portfolio consists of 20 multifamily (14 conventional and 6 senior or Section 8) properties with 3,800+ apartments, 7 self-storage properties with 4,200 units, and 2 retail centers.
We are seeking an Associate Asset Manager to join our team. The Associate Asset Manager will report to the Senior Vice President of Asset Management and will oversee a portfolio of five to eight multifamily properties, which are managed by third-party property management companies. The Associate Asset Manager will have operational and financial responsibility for the assigned portfolio, including developing and executing annual budgets and business plans, maintaining regularly contact with property managers to assess operational issues, completing monthly variance, quarterly, and other property performance reports, conducting property site inspections, monitoring property market conditions and marketing efforts, coordinating capital projects and value-add apartment renovations, working with the accounting team and third-party tax, insurance consultants and lenders, and completing various special projects as assigned by senior management.
- Strong financial and analytical skills. Experience in financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience presenting business and financial plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strategic and process-oriented with superior organization and relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage diverse and evolving job responsibilities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial team environment.
- Experience managing capital improvement and value add property upgrade programs.
- Experience with affordable housing is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in real estate, finance, economics, accounting, or a related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience in multifamily asset management or property management.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job