DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with USD $838bn of assets under management (as of 30 June 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,500 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors – entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients’ future.
Job Title: Property Specialist
Corporate Title: Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Our New York corporate office has an immediate opening for a Property Specialist in our Portfolio Management and Asset Management groups. The ideal candidate is an eager, self-motivated team player with a strong analytical skill set. Primary duties will include providing quantitative and qualitative support for Central Portfolio Managers and Asset Managers nationally. The opportunity offers broad exposure to 15-25 properties across the office, industrial, multi-family and retail sectors, usually in the U.S. Properties will typically have a core risk profile but some will be core+, value-add, opportunistic, or development.
- Compile underwriting in both Argus and Excel to assist with multi-year planning, hold-sell decisions, financings, leasing and value-add strategies
- Prepare Investment Committee presentations for financings, leasing and dispositions
- Analyze leasing opportunities and sensitivities via ARGUS, NPV analyses and market research
- Work with property management teams on every day operations and engineering teams on construction management
- Assist with annual property business plans and review of quarterly reporting
- Oversee and review calendar and fiscal year budgeting and re-projection processes
- Lead external appraisal process and complete internal valuations, while working across several in-house departments, including transactions and research
- Support the transition of newly acquired properties from the Transactions group the Portfolio / Asset management group
- Deliver or contribute to ad-hoc projects as requested by Asset Managers, Portfolio Managers, or Senior Management
- Bachelor’s degree (must provide GPA in resume)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Less than 3 years of work experience preferred
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
Less than 1 year
Apply for this job