Black Creek Group is a leading real estate investment management firm that has bought or built over $21 billion of investments throughout its more than 25-year history. The firm manages diverse investment offerings across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily – providing a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels. Black Creek Group has seven offices across the United States with approximately 300 professionals and is a place for people who are driven to achieve, are never content with the status quo and who value collaboration and communication. We believe that if you love your job, it doesn’t feel like work.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.blackcreekgroup.com or our LinkedIn Page at .
This AVP, Development will be a key player in helping to manage and execute development functions and projects for Black Creek Group’s East Coast portfolio. This leader will be “boots on the ground” partnering with both internal and external development management teams and overseeing Project Managers, Coordinators, Contractors, Architects, Engineers, and Consultants on assigned projects throughout the territory.
In addition, this AVP will support the Senior Vice President of Development, East Coast and the Acquisitions team on development opportunities and will be responsible for entitlement analysis and procurement. He/she will have oversight of third-party Development Managers and will also be responsible for directing Design Consultants, contract preparation and management, project scheduling, and document and budget management. The AVP, Development will also collaborate with other key members on land acquisitions, legal, finance, due diligence, and budgeting new development and redevelopments.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist the Acquisitions team in sourcing development opportunities.
- Assist team in site and building design, layout, and specifications.
- Work with all municipal and government agencies to obtain necessary development entitlements.
- Assist with the initial land purchase, structuring, documenting, due diligence, and closing.
- Select and contract for development management team.
- Oversight of the selected Development Manager, Architects, Civil Engineer, and other professional team members
- Oversee and manage third party service providers.
- Assist in the production of the Investment Committee and Board Memos including due diligence review of plans and specs, geotech, environmental traffic studies, entitlements, and cost estimates.
- Manage all contracts and other required documents.
- Organize, review, and approve all plans and specifications.
- Create and manage milestone schedules for entitlement and construction.
- Ensure all pre-construction requirements are in place such as the construction loan, insurance, bonds, notice of completion, and notice to proceed.
- Attend design meetings and job site meetings.
- Manage all budgets and proformas.
- Review and approve the draw requests.
- Review and approve onsite performance of construction quality, schedule adherence, and design conformity.
- Review and approve all changes in the scope of work.
- Interface with all internal departments for integration of project into the system such as Acquisitions, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Due Diligence, and Asset Management
- Manage the transition of completed projects to Asset Management.
- Manage the closing of all projects including securing all required closing deliverables such as architects notice of substantial completion, final payments, unconditional lien waivers, certificate of occupancy’s, and all other completion and closing documents.
- Assist with warrantee issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in real estate development or construction management. Ideal candidate will be an experienced and proven project management professional with an established track record of success.
- Knowledge of local and national building codes and processes that affect design and construction required.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring capabilities.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and communicate well with employees, customers, and other outside contacts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project; or other scheduling software
- Experience in ACAD, Bluebeam, or drawing software preferred.
- Confidence to work independently yet within a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong follow-through and multi-tasking skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job