Position Description: The Senior Manager, Property Management’s primary role is to lead the property team by instilling a culture of excellence and cross discipline teamwork to achieve property-specific business metrics and critical goals, championing Macerich’s objectives and corporate-wide initiatives, serving as a leader in the local community, and maintaining a high level of subject matter expertise in the constant evolution of the shopping center industry as it relates to consumer trends, customer experience, and the changing retail landscape.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Strategic Business Plan and Operating Budget, addressing opportunities and needs of the center and track KPI success;
- Accurately and clearly assess property management objectives through the evaluation of statistical analysis and data.
- Tenant relations;
- Contract administration and identification of cost efficiencies;
- Execution of multi-year CAPEX plan, with emphasis on ROI, operational expense reduction and long-term asset value creation;
- Operational management of third-party security / maintenance / landscaping / housekeeping, vertical transportation, (etc.) vendors;
- Developing favorable relationships with civic leaders, first responders, as well as planning, development, building and health departments, and all property utility companies;
- Annual evaluation and creation of goals and objectives for direct report on-site employees, including salary recommendations;
- Management of development / redevelopment plans and resources (if applicable);
- Execution of tenant coordination process, minimizing LL cost, vacancy down time and expediting rent commencement date;
- Active participation in sustainability efforts, with knowledge of local rebate opportunities;
- Cultivating merchant relations;
- Conducting quarterly merchant meetings and luxury round tables
Full knowledge of:
- Shopping center finance and reporting including monthly, quarterly and yearly operating statements, projections, A/R, any applicable tenant rental assistance / restructuring, etc.;
- All REA obligations;
- Environmental / code / ADA regulations, etc.
- Contribute to and support Leasing in implementing the center's leasing strategy;
- Actively source and engage in driving income from any and all opportunities including (but not limited to) local / regional prospects, non-traditional uses, advertising, temp / perm deals, and other programs that will improve NOI for the property;
- Actively help manage the lease administration including rent collection and monitoring / reporting / exercising landlords lease rights;
- Collaborate with Leasing to introduce new concepts, ensuring the best and highest retail offerings;
- Conduct property tours with prospective tenants in coordination with Leasing;
- Partner with Leasing Development (specialty / BD) to manage the common area leasing program to its highest standards, along with appropriate accounting / administrative support of the program overall;
- Effectively communicate with Leasing VP store successes and store feedback.
- Actively engage in the center’s marketing efforts and work with Marketing Managers to develop income generating programs;
- Contribute to the development of the property’s marketing plans;
- Actively engage local government and civic organizations which align with the center’s unique place within the community;
- Maintain strong relationships with neighboring residential, government and community organizations;
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in shopping centers or equivalent retail environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university;
- Real Estate industry certification, or State Real Estate License preferred;
- Good working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and financial analysis;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.