Vista Investment Group, a private commercial real estate investment firm with multifamily and office assets throughout the Western US, is searching for a talented, hardworking Analyst who is ready to learn and grow with the fast-paced Company.
The candidate will work closely with, and support, professionals in charge of acquisitions, asset management, and portfolio management. Analyst will support in the analysis and underwriting of new acquisition opportunities, and will assist in monitoring performance in all key areas (operating revenue and expense, leasing, occupancy, leverage, etc.). The candidate will help oversee and manage the performance of the properties (both office and multifamily) to ensure that the investments achieve or best their pro forma returns. Candidate may assist project and construction managers on specific value-add assignments.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing detailed financial models;
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on properties, markets, and investment trends;
- Market and property level due diligence;
- Participating in deal structuring, legal documentation and negotiations;
- Monitoring the performance of existing portfolio investments.
- Maximize value and total return for each assigned asset by identifying the right tenants, maximizing lease value, identifying where property and operational improvements should be made and executing on those improvements on budget and on time;
- Build and develop relationships, hire and directly oversee third party property managers, leasing agents, general contractors, designers, architects, and other professionals;
- Work closely with acquisitions team and provide detailed pre-acquisition input and assistance in the due diligence process including financial, operational and underlying market assumptions;
- Support/Manage the coordination of post-acquisition activities and incorporation of the asset into the portfolio;
- Support/Manage and execute on the disposition process;
- Support/Oversee and manage the budgets, reporting, lease negotiations and all tenant improvements and Cap EX projects of assigned properties.
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks
- Demonstrate non-linear thinking and have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have superb initiative, ability to work independently, and self-motivated.
- Candidate should possess superior financial modeling and analytical skills.
Ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, urban planning or related from a top tier university;
- 1-3 years of experience in acquisitions, asset management or investment sales from a quality real estate firm
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Argus, including cash flow modeling and JV waterfall calculations
- Working knowledge of major western US real estate markets (ties to California is a must)
- Some experience in reading and understanding commercial leases
- Strong desire to work and thrive in a boutique, entrepreneurial firm where you are your own resource.
- Asset Management
- Project Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job