Job Title: Analyst / Associate – Los Angeles
Abacus Capital Group is seeking an Analyst / Associate to join our West Coast office in Los Angeles. The role will entail supporting the acquisitions team in the identification and analysis of value add, core, and development investment opportunities in the Western United States.
Abacus is a research driven firm, which invests in multifamily assets directly throughout the United States on behalf of public and private pension funds through fully discretionary commingled funds.
Major responsibilities include:
- Financial Analysis: Assist in the financial analysis and underwriting of potential acquisition and development opportunities utilizing Excel.
- Market Research: Provide research support utilizing online, internal and external resources. Gather market research and stay current on industry trends.
- Transaction Execution: Prepare investment memorandum for recommended acquisition opportunities. Assist in transaction due diligence by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing property reports, leases, and other documents. Assist with transaction closings.
The position is research and modeling intensive and requires the ability to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial setting.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent academic track record from a top tier university
- Prior experience in real estate, financial analysis, or asset/portfolio management roles is preferred
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated exhibiting strong work ethic, drive, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to work within an entrepreneurial environment and multitask
- Ability to work effectively in a cohesive team environment
- Willingness to travel
For more information about Abacus, please see our website at www.abacuscapitalgroup.com
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job