JPMorgan Asset Management Global Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the world's largest real estate investment advisors with over $40 billion of real estate assets under management in North America and Europe with developing businesses in India and China. Given its relationships, reputation, and size, JPMAM Real Estate transacts an average of $4 billion in combined acquisition and disposition activity annually. JPMAM Real Estate is comprised of approximately 250 real estate professionals organized within key functional areas.
The Real Estate Americas business is seeking to hire an Associate for its Los Angeles-based West Coast team, which currently has roughly 30 investment professionals spread across Los Angeles and San Francisco. Associates within the functional area of Acquisitions play an integral role working alongside acquisition officers to identify investment opportunities, underwrite prospective acquisitions across various product types, formulate investment strategies and recommendations, review market research, draft investment committee memos, participate in IC presentations, tour assets in coverage markets, develop strong relationships with brokers, partners, and industry peers, and work alongside asset management colleagues to drive the business forward. The role is likely based in Los Angeles, but San Francisco may be an option as well.
- Underwrite prospective acquisitions (various product types, markets, and risk profiles)
- Research and analyze market data
- Work closely with other REA groups as well as brokers, partners, and other market participants
- Participate in property inspections and market tours
- Help to formulate investment recommendations
- Prepare IC memos and participate in IC presentations
- Lead due diligence and closing efforts
- Collaborate with Asset Management on asset strategy and valuations
- Team player, collaborative, hard worker
- Demonstrated interest in real estate and intellectual curiosity
- Strong quantitative modeling and analytical skills
- Clear and concise written and oral communication
- Attention to detail and ability to learn from mistakes
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Argus
The candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience (real estate, investment management, or investment banking experience is preferred) and a strong track record of success.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job