, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Senior Financial Analyst - Redevelopment will join a team of financial professionals responsible for redevelopment opportunity analysis, underwriting, monthly/quarterly investment performance reporting, performance analysis, budgeting, reforecasting, and various ad-hoc dynamic analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst - Redevelopment will interact extensively with LivCor asset management and executive leadership, Blackstone multifamily asset management and LivCor’s operating partners. The Senior Financial Analyst – Redevelopment will be responsible for operational/financial reports and analysis presented to Blackstone and LivCor’s executive leadership team. The position reports to the Director – Capital Analytics and assumes frequent interaction with ROI Regional Directors.
The ideal candidate will convey a passion/curiosity for real estate investment, possess the ability while working with industry leaders to develop large scale dynamic predictive analytics, constantly work to identify, scale, and automate repetitive functions, be coachable, and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the field.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
(ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS)
What you will do:
- Analyzing and presenting redevelopment opportunities at the monthly Investment Committee: Includes developing an investment thesis for each property, aggregating market data to understand asset positioning; preparing summary cost estimates, graphs and tables; evaluating performance metrics; highlighting notable issues and opportunities; developing meaningful recommendations, and tracking project costs once it has been executed.
- Preparation and review of quarterly redevelopment Board materials: work with team on high profile deliverable presented to Blackstone senior real estate leadership team at the quarterly board meeting.
- Participate in the annual budget and reforecast processes as needed: develop common area redevelopment budgets; utilize budgeting templates (utilizes Oracle PBCS) and tools to develop initial budget; work interactively with renovation/redevelopment teams to finalize the budget; prepare summary reports and communicate to executive leadership team.
- Assist the Operations and Redevelopment teams in developing short, medium, and long-term strategies for each property.
- Administer training to operating partners on use of renovation systems and processes.
- Create and maintain financial and operational dashboards to better assist the redevelopment managers.
- Vigilantly and proactively participate in continual process improvement initiatives.
- Develop processes that save time while maintaining the highest quality standards, design data rich and aesthetically pleasing, leverage internal and external resources to efficiently achieve goals.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses for senior leadership.
What you should have:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in FP&A within a commercial real estate firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, real estate or accounting.
- Demonstrated analytical acumen.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint: efficient database sourcing, utilization of standard Excel functions (sumif/s, v/hlookup, index/match, indirect, pivot tables, data tables, filters) to aggregate and summarize data, creation of graphs in proper context of data presented, use of best practices for insuring data integrity, design of executive/board level presentation quality outputs.
- Strong work ethic: strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, ability to meet critical deadlines, capable of critical self-reflection and honest assessment of performance, desire to learn and continued self-improvement, motivated by desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-confidence to lead a meeting and discuss financial results with executive leadership team or Blackstone asset management team.
- Candidates with experience with industry specific data and software will be given strong preference
- Intermediate skills with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite and VBA Programming/Microsoft Power Suite (PowerBI, PowerApps)
- Knowledge of Oracle PBCS or similar budgeting software is a plus
- Strong preference for multifamily experience
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
A few of the people you will work with:
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.