, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Manager-Transaction Services will support transactions (acquisitions and dispositions) due diligence and closing coordination. The ideal candidate must exhibit organization, strong communication skills across multiple platforms and passion for multifamily real estate.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of transaction experience in real estate acquisitions, asset management, operations, or real estate investment banking. This role will report to LivCor’s Director of Transaction Services and will lead due diligence on respective assigned acquisitions and dispositions for LivCor. The candidate will assist in reviewing documents and coordination of due diligence tours and third-party vendors.
This person will be the lead point of contact with all sellers to coordinate new acquisition activity, communicating with both Blackstone’s acquisition team as well as the LivCor team (Asset Management, Risk, Tax, Accounting and Legal Teams). This person will also assist in closing activities working closely with Outside Counsel. The Manager-Transaction Services will also be point of contact with brokers on dispositions. This role will also work with the LivCor team, including Asset Managers, Regional Acquisition Directors, Capex Directors, along with Operating partners to coordinate diligence materials and work with the buyer/broker through the sale process.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
(ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS)
What you will do:
- Assist in reviewing documents and coordination of due diligence tours and third-party vendors.
- Coordinate all aspects of due diligence for new multifamily acquisitions and dispositions
- Review third party reports and seller provided statements of operations
- Schedule investment due diligence particularly related to likely operational performance
- Perform targeted research projects
- Minimal travel required
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant real estate experience (asset management, operations, transactions or acquisitions)
- Passion for real estate and investing
- Experience in multi-family real estate preferred
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement in demanding professional and academic settings
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft office applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, motivated, energetic and independent with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent references
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
A few of the people you will work with:
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.