The Senior Associate, Real Estate Asset Management job is responsible for maximizing the value of the organization's real estate portfolio through the execution of managing, leasing, development, and dispositions of diversified, domestic real estate investments. Working independently under limited supervision, this job seeks to achieve superior returns on real estate assets through active management and leasing while operating in a highly collaborative environment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages a portfolio of real estate assets with a focus on value-add multifamily
- Negotiates property management, leasing and construction contracts.
- Analyzes the investment strategies for a significant portfolio of real estate investments, usually covering more than one region or geographical market.
- Reviews the financial analysis/modeling of current and projected performance of property investments to report to senior management.
- Maintains familiarity with current issues impacting the real estate management business.
- Possesses significant knowledge of current real estate market conditions for submarkets in which assets are located.
- 2 years of multifamily asset management experience
- 3+ years of multifamily asset management experience (5-7 years of experience strongly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of real estate, economics, finance, valuation, management and accounting with a focus on the value add housing space
- Knowledge of Excel and Argus
- Bachelor's degree and/or MBA/MS strongly preferred
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below option to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.