LivCor is a real estate asset management firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Formed in 2013 as a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group (NYSE: BX), LivCor specializes in hands-on asset management of multi-family properties throughout the U.S. In collaboration with its operating partners, LivCor oversees the management of its properties furthering a mission of maximizing return for investors while offering best in class service to residents.
The Senior Director, Redevelopment will be primarily responsible for identifying, planning, and executing value-add investment projects with a National footprint. Duties will include but not be limited to: assessing physical asset conditions, evaluating sub-market rent repositioning opportunities, developing and overseeing execution of renovation plans, providing direction to 3rd party operators and general contractors/vendors ensuring the success of the ROI projects, assisting with the review of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts (related to expense and ROI initiatives), additional ad-hoc investment opportunities, project management, and procurement coordination as needed.
This position can be fully remote.
The qualified individual will work as an integral part of the asset management team to perform the following job functions:
- Evaluate physical condition of assets and recommend customer driven value-add renovation scope(s) to enhance form and function of physical
- Evaluate trended submarket conditions and recommend incremental revenue
- Develop written value-add investment plans for inter-company coordination as well as operator
- Working in tandem with asset management, construction services, fp&a, marketing, and pricing continually assess and refine performance of renovation
- Work with analysts on managing reporting and participate in review of ROI and expense budgeting, quarterly reforecasting; contributing to the monthly/quarterly financial review processes as it relates to renovations
- Drive process improvement initiatives using analytics (trend analysis, variance analysis, ) as it relates to managed initiatives.
- Identify redevelopment project team needs, source necessary consultants through competitive RFP process,
- Source and lead design teams from vision through project completion.
- Work with relevant government entities to achieve necessary entitlement and building approvals for construction and development.
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in some combination of the following: real estate development/redevelopment, architecture/design, construction services, asset management, or investment strategy. Preferred experience in 3 or more of the above areas specific to the multifamily
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce and effectively evaluate performance reports
- A strong work ethic, the strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, and an ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to make confident business decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong real estate investment knowledge (multifamily preferred).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Interaction with personnel at all levels will be required
- Ability to assess investment risk quickly and effectively
- Agility to identify and make appropriate adjustments to scopes/specs/production volumes/price as required
- Ability to travel
- Prior experience with investment modeling, budgeting/forecasting and underlying drivers of operational, financial and cash flow performance
- Multifamily operating system experience is preferred (Yardi, RealPage OneSite, Revenue Management Systems such as YieldStar and LRO, )
- Multifamily research experience is preferred (Axio, REIS, MPF, CoStar, Pierce-Eislen, PPR, Real Capital Analytics, )
- Experience working at a publicly traded real estate, institutional financial services, or public/private equity firm preferred. In addition, experience in REIT performance metrics and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, architecture, business, or finance, from top tier school
- MBA or relevant master degree preferred
- Prior Multi-family submarket investment knowledge
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years