, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
We are looking for someone to join our Strategy and Planning team in the role of Data Analyst, supporting the Director of Strategy & Planning in developing and executing LivCor’s strategic plan. By carefully considering the market, consumer requirements, and available capital, this person will help identify, prioritize, and facilitate the decisions on what the business should start, stop, and continue doing. The ideal candidate will convey a passion/curiosity for real estate and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the field. They will be a lover of data who identifies data relationships and dependencies; synthesizes complex information to draw conclusions to make strategic decisions but at the same time is an executor who is passionately committed to excellence and strives to pursue the team’s goals. The role will focus on solving today’s problems while developing the framework and tools to solve tomorrow’s problems.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
(ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS)
What you will do:
- Create BI tools to help the team make better decisions.
- Identify opportunities to unlock value.
- Underwrite projects we haven’t even thought about yet.
- Perform due diligence and contribute to targeted research projects.
- Build strong relationships with all teams across the business
- Develop a deep understanding of Multifamily investment, finance, and operations
What you should have:
- A love for solving problems.
- Curiosity for technology and data.
- Top-notch analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, critical to ensuring all stakeholders are informed.
- 1+ years’ experience creating value
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement in demanding professional and academic settings.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
A few of the people you will work with:
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years