LivCor is a real estate asset management firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Formed in 2013, as a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group (NYSE: BX), LivCor specializes in multi-family properties throughout the U.S. LivCor oversees a portfolio of approximately 300 class A and B multi-family properties comprising more than 100,000 units located in primary, secondary, and tertiary markets across the U.S.
Our business is multi-family asset management focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
Provide administrative and transactional support to individual(s) or department including organizing files systems for office, coordinating the logistics for meetings and diligence site visits, creating, proofreading and editing complex reports, documents and spreadsheets as well as assisting on due diligence process for transactions. As a part of a fast-paced team environment the Administrative Assistant will function with accuracy and timeliness, being adaptable to the changing needs of a small team. Each day in this position will be an opportunity for the right person to learn, excel in their position and add value to the company.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
What you will do:
- Coordinate and schedule various due diligence inspections including, but limited to, environmental, property condition assessments, roofing, HVAC, sustainability, lease audits and unit walks.
- Create due diligence site inspection calendars and distribute as required
- Collecting and appropriately logging all diligence invoices for acquisition closings
- Able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, Blackstone, as well as with brokers, property owners and operators
- Able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects, handle frequent changes effectively and professionally and maintain time sensitive deadlines
- Upon receipt of due diligence materials, update the checklist and identify outstanding items; provide notification of outstanding items to appropriate parties
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with internal and external partners
- Create and maintain various filing systems in an accurate and organized manner
- Download due diligence files from external data rooms
- Provide daily administrative support to the team including answering phones, preparing expense reimbursement reports, and processing all department invoices
- Perform other duties on an ad hoc basis
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you should have:
- Must be proficient using Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, Box and Drop Box
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a team player, be able to work well with others and have a willingness to aid where needed to get the job done
- Able to anticipate needs for specifics projects and processes
- Must be exceptionally well organized, be able to prioritize tasks well and have good verbal and written communication skills
- The individual should be proficient at the following skills: multi-tasking, ability to stay calm and focused in a deadline situation
- Must be trustworthy, detail oriented and dependable
- Must be able to handle a fast pace environment and be able to manage tasks and deadlines independently
- Able to work effectively under pressure; be a quick learner with minimal direct supervision
- Adhere to company confidentiality policies
- Be passionate about quality and accuracy
- 2 to 4 years previous administrative experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree, knowledge of multi-family real estate and real estate transaction experience is desired, but not required.
- Average to advanced skills utilizing computer software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and database management (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint and Internet).
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling required to ensure all documentation is prepared in an accurate and professional manner.
- Must have strong administrative skills with a flexible, can-do attitude and excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of that sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics.
2+ to 5 years