Our client is an international real estate investment firm focused on establishing specialized operating companies to invest in real estate assets in Western Europe, Japan and North America. The firm is privately held and managed. The team has a tenured track record through multiple market cycles and extensive experience targeting complex, undervalued situations.
Since inception, our client has selectively invested in more than $23 billion of real estate assets across a diverse range of sectors through commingled funds, co-investment vehicles and separate accounts. The Firm’s investment approach centers on rigorous top-down macroeconomic analysis and a determination to invest with regard for long-term intrinsic value, often leading to contrarian or countercyclical investment decisions.
The Firm conducts itself with the highest regard for its constituent audiences; investors, employees, operating partners and local market participants. Their culture is defined by its core values: stewardship, integrity, transparency, leadership, excellence and teamwork.
To support the firm’s continued success, they seek to recruit a Professional in the area of Capital Raising and Investor Relations. Capital Raising and Investor Relations are directly managed by the senior leadership of the firm and the Professional would support and report directly to the Partner based in the U.S.
The Professional will play an important role in the capital raising process and the ongoing investor relations with clients, with close mentorship from senior leadership. The role will entail the collection, analysis and synthesis of information from inside and outside the firm to produce marketing materials to be used in the capital raising process. Internal processes include coordination with the investment team, the portfolio management team, the accounting team and the compliance team to produce excellent client deliverables and investor reporting. A high degree of organization and mental bandwidth is required to manage the process of reporting to existing investors and marketing to new investors. The highest level of professionalism and integrity are required to manage their clients, who are highly regarded, world-class investors.
Our client cultivates a relatively flat, meritocratic organizational structure, whereby entrepreneurial individuals are encouraged to challenge the status quo and push new ideas. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to operate on a lean team where their input and recommendations will have a meaningful impact. The expectation is that the candidate will be willing and able to participate and execute on all aspects of the capital raising / investor relations responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
CAPITAL RAISING AND INVESTOR RELATIONS
- Produce deliverables for communication with existing and prospective investors;
- Coordinate responses to investor requests, implementing input from senior management, fund management, accounting, and investment teams to produce accurate and timely investor outputs;
- Ensure timeliness and excellence of deliverables, including to ad-hoc investor requests, performance analyses and client specific portfolio outputs;
- Work with internal teams to design and improve on recurring reporting protocols;
- Produce high quality materials (PPM, DDQ, collateral material, documentation, due diligence data, etc.) by gathering, analyzing and synthesizing the information from sources both inside and outside the firm;
- Co-manage bi-annual investor conference event planning, including project management and production of materials for presentations;
- Maintain and update information on existing investors in Salesforce, including contact information, investor activity, and portfolio construction planning, and communicate this information internally;
- Develop a thorough understanding of investors’ investments and activity in order to competently represent the firm and report to investors;
- Manage third-party vendors such as legal counsel and marketing consultants;
- Manager certain levels of investor communication such as transaction announcements (new deals, add-ons, exits);
- Participate in industry conferences as well as other relevant events;
- Work with senior leadership and outside advisors to optimize and maintain their brand, including firmwide monitoring of consistent communication and use of design.
- Demonstrated fluency in real estate and the ability to clearly articulate the firm’s product offerings;
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively across other functions with the firm;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Experience in the field of accounting (through education and/or work experience);
- A service-minded mindset with the ability to create and maintain good relationships with various types of investors;
- Exceptional executive presence; balance of technical and interpersonal skills;
- Creative and resourceful;
- Team player;
- Constructive and possessing a can-do attitude.
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations