Position Title: Analyst - Investments
Reports to: Head of Investments
Job Description: WPT Industrial REIT (“WPT”) is seeking an analyst to join its investment team in Minneapolis, MN and support all aspects of WPT’s acquisition, development, and disposition activities. Primary job responsibilities include creating underwriting models for potential investments, preparing materials for internal and external meetings, assisting with due diligence on transactions, creating and maintaining forecast models for investment vehicles managed by WPT, and providing any additional support needed by the investment team and executive management. Competitive compensation will be paid commensurate with each candidate’s experience level.
About Our Business: WPT is a publicly-traded real estate investment trust and a leading owner, operator, and developer of industrial warehouse and bulk-distribution buildings throughout the United States. WPT owns a portfolio of 110 properties located throughout the United States, totaling over 37.5 million square feet. WPT also acts as investment advisor to large institutional investors, focusing on development and value-add opportunities throughout the United States, and investing primarily through a joint venture with the Alberta Investment Management Corporation and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Create detailed financial models to analyze the firm’s investment opportunities, including IRR calculations, equity multiple calculations, NPV cash flows, promote calculations and associated cash flow waterfalls
- Author, prepare and help present, at the direction of the investment team, detailed investment memorandums and supporting documentation for presentation to the firm’s various investment committees and external investors
- Attend regular meetings and conference calls to review the firm’s investment pipeline and discuss prospective investments in detail
- Assist Asset Management with comprehensive due diligence on new acquisitions, including; review and summarize 3rd party reports, perform lease reviews, and ensure accuracy of financial and Argus models
- Prepare detailed portfolio analysis and modeling of the investment vehicles managed by the company
- Manage the preparation and updating of reports and databases focused on WPT’s portfolios
- Assist the firm’s accounting and finance staff with its new investment onboarding and valuation processes
- Develop an understanding of industrial real estate, market dynamics and real estate fundamentals, contract negotiation, and lease terminology
- Stay informed of current industry and market trends, and maintain a detailed database of a competitive set of lease and sale transaction data
- Build and maintain a network of commercial real estate professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Up to 3 years of relevant financial or real estate experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ideally Argus Enterprise
- Understanding of real estate and finance terminology
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and within a team; interacting effectively with both internal and external business partners
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload
- Self-starter, with a desire to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative and driven professional environment
Full/Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Required ability to sit or stand for long periods
The majority of duties for this job description will be performed within an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EEO/Affirmative Action Statement:
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Best Representation Statement:
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job