The Director of Acquisition leads all aspects of land/real estate acquisition projects to grow a robust pipeline in target markets across the Southeast Region. The Director of Acquisition locates, reviews, qualifies, and secures land acquisition opportunities for ground-up developments of build-for -rent (BFR) residential projects. The Company works as a dynamic team so although the role requires a focus on these duties, you may be asked to take on variety of unrelated duties to support other team members to ensure successful execution of real estate projects and carrying out the corporate mission.
• Asset Due Diligence: Oversee preparation of acquisition due diligence feasibility packages including financial analysis, investment committee memos, site feasibility, competitive market research, and in-depth analysis of Geotech, environmental and other related reports.
• Underwriting: Accountable for accurate project underwriting projections to determine land values and to analyze potential land acquisition opportunities.
• Contract Negotiations: Responsible for meticulous and effective contract negotiations with landowners, home builders, developers and consultants in a way that identifies and manages risk inherent in the land pursuit process.
• Consultant Coordination: Work with third party consultants on density studies, entitlement applications, and submittals to local municipalities.
• Municipal and Public Politics: Meet with local neighborhoods and municipalities regarding proposed developments.
• Deal Sourcing: Maintain land acquisition database and tracking matrix, sourcing and employing technology to give the Company and edge in sourcing and acquiring land.
• Research: Work directly with company principals conducting market research for acquisition properties and assist in establishing target markets.
• Networking: Locate land/real estate suitable for acquisition by developing relationships with a network of local developers, builders, brokers, and landowners.
• Lender Relations: Provide required information for loan applications and processing, as well as, for investor reports.
• Closings: Manage efficient and seamless land closings or project exits with the capital partner, accounting and legal teams.
• Investor Relations: Conduct market tours with Equity and Debt partners.
• Leadership: Manage a small team of associates and/or analysts as the Company scales with new team members.
Qualifications/Skills & Abilities:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or Finance preferred
• A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred
• A Minimum of 3-5 years of real estate land acquisition or land brokerage experience and a strong interest in the industry. 10+ years of total experience preferred
• Successful candidates will demonstrate an advanced understanding of real estate development, site planning, financing real estate deals, and project development.
• Demonstrated broad understanding of basic financials
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively communicate/work with others
• Ability to work independently
• Proficiency with verbal and written communication
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to follow and execute instructions
This job is no longer active.