Elion Partners has an opportunity for a Real Estate Analyst/Associate. The position is responsible for managing financial, capital and operational aspects of a variety of assets and projects, while assisting in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions.
This position will be based in Miami, FL and report to the Director of Acquisitions.
- Assess, develop and implement value enhancement opportunities for a portfolio of properties/assets, with a focus on operations and an understanding of all types of capital projects.
- Create budget and forecast models as necessary; meaningfully contribute to budgeting process.
- Actively identify areas of opportunity; prepare written analysis and recommendations to protect and strengthen property performance.
- Assist in the preparation and approval process of operating budgets.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio.
- Communicate with project partners in an appropriately assertive but collaborative manner regarding satisfaction of obligations and meeting expectations.
- Support internal and external counsel, accountants and other consultants with property specific issues that may occur.
- Review monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy of statements.
- Identify income generating strategies and obtain proposals for recommendations.
- Review construction exhibits during lease negotiations upon request by Leasing or Legal.
- Perform in-depth market research to support and validate investment ideas under consideration.
- Assist in the valuation of Elion’s existing portfolio as well as providing acquisition and asset management related analysis and commentary on an as needed basis.
- Perform extensive due diligence and assist in all aspects of deal execution.
- Prepare presentation materials, including investment committee memos.
- Participate in special projects, including evaluation of properties for acquisitions or dispositions.
Job Qualifications / Experience
- 2 - 4 years proven experience in Commercial Real Estate Finance or Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions / Asset Management preferred.
- Working knowledge of Argus is required
- Outstanding financial, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously, under strict deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Proven capital planning skills.
- Excellent writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Advanced ability using Microsoft Excel for reporting and analysis; experience with other Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a large team.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.