Purpose of Job:
Responsible for leading the growth and progression of a data strategy and architecture, including design standards/patterns, to further transform USAA Real Estate’s data environments into a highly valued business asset supporting the dynamic analytics, data science, and data warehouse needs by leveraging appropriate data platforms and technologies.
- Develop and own a data warehouse and business analytics strategy that advances information governance across the organization.
- Partner with senior leaders in gaining buy-in and alignment of data strategy.
- Provide regular updates on key data strategy initiatives to executive leadership.
- Implement business and IT vision through creation of new data strategy and designs to span all data platforms and data tools (Data Visualization, Data Catalog and Advanced Analytics/Data Science).
- Determine data warehouse structural requirements by analyzing diverse organizational operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with internal clients; evaluating current systems.
- Develop data warehouse solutions by designing proposed systems and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintain data warehouse performance by identifying and resolving production and application development issues; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance.
- Prepare business users and team members by conducting and/or coordinating training.
- Create repeatable and process-oriented data designs and patterns, architecture and strategies to support mission critical business needs.
- Develop a data modeling and cataloging strategy and manage the data models / definitions centrally, working closely data stewards.
- Anticipate and manage data-driven technology evolution and relate it to business solutions. Set direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
- Oversee the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects, leveraging both internal resources and third-party services.
- Perform or direct research on data-driven industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyze trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Collaborate with USAA’s Enterprise Information Governance and implement the enterprise information governance standards at USAA Real Estate.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a comprehensive pre-employment background screening and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or relevant degree field.
- 5+ year’s experience with SQL programming, preferably within the accounting or finance industries.
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL), stored procedures, functions and views using SQL 2016 and higher.
- Team player with technical experience in leading the implementation of a Data Warehouse platform
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
- Experience in table design, including normalization.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- This position requires the incumbent to work from the San Antonio office.
- Must be able to work in the United States without current or future employer sponsorship.
- Experience integrating formatted and unformatted data within the Data Warehouse based on best practices
- SQL Server 2016 and higher
Data Visualization and Developer Tools:
- Microsoft BI
- R and R Studio
- Visual Studio 2015 and higher working with SSIS
- TOAD for SQL Server or SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Must have strong time management skills and be detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years