Reliant Realty Services, LLC (“Reliant”) is a real estate property management company specializing in affordable housing properties. Reliant is the managing agent for approximately 650 personnel who facilitate operations at the asset level. Reliant currently provides property management, legal, accounting, security, compliance, and maintenance services to approximately 11,500 units across 10 states.
Reliant is currently seeking to hire a Controller to work in our New York City office.
- Manage a staff of 20 direct reports in the accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and property accountant functions that make up the centralized accounting department that handles operations for all 53 properties owned by the parent company.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions of the properties including the accurate and timely processing of billing, resident and subsidy receipts, vendor payments, payroll and financial reporting in addition to the bookkeeping for the management, maintenance and security companies.
- Establish, write and maintain accounting systems policies and best practice controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Recommend and oversee installation of processes and/or software to manage growth and increase efficiency in the department.
- Interview new hires, as well as train and develop the existing team, including creating department training manuals.
- Participate in a wide variety of special ad hoc projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Prepare annual budgeting for the management, maintenance and security companies including regular monitoring of budget to actual.
- Manage & comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prefer knowledge of Yardi, QuickBooks, Excel and Word
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead milestone driven projects
- Experience in a high volume and fast paced operation
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational and management skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 15 years accounting experience with at least 8 years in a senior level role.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
Reliant Realty Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. As a matter of policy, RRS does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. RRS does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job