Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with exposure across a wide array of asset sectors and global markets. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Finance maintains a portfolio invested in commercial mortgage loans, agricultural mortgages, and real estate equity. MetLife Real Estate sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago.
The Real Estate Research Associate Director serves as an indispensable member of MetLife Investment Management’s (MIM’s) Real Estate Research & Strategy team. In this role, the Associate Director is tasked with developing investment strategies that promote consistently strong risk-adjusted returns for MIM’s debt and equity clients. Doing so requires a thorough understanding of national, regional, and local economics, the fundamental forces driving real estate demand, capital market impacts, investor behavior, and real estate operations and underwriting. The Associate Director is also tasked with communicating strategy to external clients, leading internal market and strategy updates, and leading research discussions with other real estate related sectors in MIM. As a senior member of the Research & Strategy team, the Associate Director also oversees and directs projects, providing guidance and feedback to the junior members of the team.
- Assess real estate and economic trends, identifying risks and opportunities for commercial mortgages and real estate equity investments across markets and property types.
- Present national and metro level real estate research and strategies to real estate staff, clients, and prospective clients.
- Author thought provoking strategy whitepapers in addition to articles in leading industry publications.
- Actively participate in industry organizations to enhance the visibility of the MetLife Investment Management platform and expand the team’s knowledge of emerging industry trends.
- Partner with members of the regional office network to generate investment ideas and formulate tactical investment strategies.
- Serve as a mentor for the real estate research team’s junior members, overseeing projects and providing guidance/feedback.
- Work closely with members of the Institutional Client Group to enhance the profile of the MetLife Investment Management platform.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Advanced analytic and technical skills including proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with real estate and economic data sources.
- Travel is required and may amount to 5 - 10% of work time annually.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in real estate career through academic or industry experience with 7-10+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Master of Business Administration is strongly preferred.
5% - 10%
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.