Who is Waterton?
We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor, Guest, and Resident service excellence. With over 24 years of investment and property management experience, we strive to exemplify what we call Resitality®.
We are looking for a talented Community Manager to join our West Coral Gables team!
As the most visible and senior member of the local team, the Community Manager will oversee all facets of the community’s operations to achieve occupancy and income goals while adhering to all Waterton Residential policies, applicable laws and ordinances including Fair Housing and Equal Employment laws. They will also ensure the community is maintained in a manner consistent with established standards and objectives.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Employee Management: You will lead, schedule, coordinate and supervise all associates/departments within community. You will manage employment cycle-recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, training and development, performance management and coaching in accordance with company policy and procedure. You will ensure that the community is adequately and appropriately staffed.
- Financial Management: You will prepare, implement and meet the annual operating and capital budgets/forecasts for the community. You will also be responsible to complete required reports, including monthly, quarterly leasing, variance and capital reporting. You will also oversee Accounts Receivable ensuring that all rents are collected in a timely manner; and you will oversee collection and demand processes in accordance with local law, including the eviction process when necessary.
- Resident Retention: You will think creatively about ways to engage residents through ongoing programs and promotions designed to increase satisfaction and minimize resident turnover.
- Leasing and Sales: You will motivate, engage, and inspire your local leasing team to exceed occupancy expectations for the property. This will also include oversight of the lease renewal program and documentation process.
- Property Inspections and Maintenance: You will perform regular property inspections to ensure compliance with established standards regarding the grounds, risk management, safety, cleanliness and general appearance. You will work with your Service Manager to document, identify, develop, and execute/monitor preventive maintenance schedules.
- Oversee Capital Projects and Maintenance: You will also oversee capital improvement projects and run the appropriate bid process for any improvement work. You may also collaborate directly with our Capital Project team should there be any significant renovations or unit rehabilitation work.
- Compliance: You will ensure compliance with the company’s safety programs. Additionally, you will monitor resident selection criteria in accordance with federal and state regulations. You will ensure that you community adheres to all local and state laws, including all laws governing Fair Housing. Ensure compliance with all applicable ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), and Section 504 (FHAA) regulations.
- Overall: You’ll be an excellent teammate who helps create and deliver departmental and organizational goals, including sharing best practices on process improvement, refining and introducing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You’ve “been there, done that”. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in property management and one-year leadership experience or equivalent in a residential community setting. Experience with a larger real estate investment firm is considered a competitive advantage.
- You have some credentials. We require a High School Diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor’s Degree in preferably in Business Administration, Management or other relevant degree is strongly preferred.
- You’re a great communicator. You easily manage relationships and build rapport with others, and you’re a pro at motivating others. You have good presence when conducting onsite tours with owners, investors, and residents alike. You also excel at keeping everyone informed and on the same page.
- You know how to hire, retain, and develop others. You can manage human resources concerns at the site level, and you have a sharp eye for hiring, engaging and retaining top talent. You also know how to engage and inspire others to do their best work, and you are a creative partner to your leasing teams.
- You’re a numbers person. You are a whiz at financial reporting, and you understand the importance of timely, accurate metrics. You also have a proven track record in managing Accounts Receivables.
- You’re entrepreneurial. You are a creative go-getter who wants to build a strong community while challenging the status quo to meet the needs of both our company and our residents.
- You’re very tech savvy. You’d consider yourself an advanced user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- You like change; you really like change. You can easily adapt as the situation warrants, and you are able to focus on multiple deadlines and change as the demands and fast pace requires. You also possess very strong project management skills, juggling big and small tasks alike.
- You’re a task master. Your time and project management skills are very strong, and you have the ability to focus on the smallest details while keeping the larger process running effectively to meet and juggle tight deadlines.
- You’re a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing with Resident and Associate concerns, and you work to resolve them quickly, never losing site of the criticality of customer service.
How we will recognize and reward you:
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important not only to our associates but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards to meet everyone’s needs including:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules.
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts and wellness initiatives.
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Our Associates embrace and embody The Waterton Way, which serve as our core values: Be Nice, Listen and Talk, Own It, Get It Done, and most importantly Have Fun. We look for exceptional candidates with the passion and expertise that it takes to wow every resident, guest, and investor.
We firmly believe that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our Associates to think and act like an owner and use the Waterton Way to serve our residents and guests in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality®!
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Waterton strongly supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.