Director of Facilities
Reports to: General Manager
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence, Community, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Director of Facilities provides strategic leadership and oversight to the building operations of the Guthrie Theater. Responsible for managing facilities staff, budgets (1.6 million annually), and subcontractors, as well as negotiating leases and overseeing facilities related projects. Manages multiple types of technical services associated with facilities management with an ability to assess and successfully resolve any issues that may arise with minimal disruption to business operations. Read More...
- Building and Facilities Operations
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in operations strategies, policy development, and priorities.
- Oversee physical maintenance and operations of buildings, facilities and building systems.
- Create and monitor an annual facilities budget of 1.6 million.
- Maintain an inventory control system for the purchasing of needed supplies, parts and equipment.
- Provide and monitor building automation systems on a routine basis.
- Evaluate and analyze building related issues; recommend and implement solutions.
- Monitor operations and assure quality of service delivery.
- Inspect building structures on regular basis to determine needs for upkeep, repairs and or renovations.
- Manage the upkeep of systems, equipment and supplies to meet safety standards.
- Develop, implement and monitor an effective grounds maintenance program.
- Contractors and Vendor Relationships
- Approve the specifications and recommend contractors to perform maintenance and repair services etc.
- Provide ongoing supervision of contractors and vendors.
- Recommend terms of agreements with outside vendors.
- Monitor operations and assure quality of the services delivery.
- Lead, organize and manage and supervise all maintenance and custodial operations.
- Supervision and Administration
- Supervises, directs and provides ongoing performance feedback for facilities staff on an ongoing basis. Conducts annual performance reviews.
- Develop strategies, plans and recommendations on policy issues and budget initiatives as it relates to building operations.
- Manage the workflow for the facilities team.
- Create, distribute and track work orders.
- Maintain knowledge of state and local regulations regarding maintenance of buildings and equipment. Recommend changes/adjustments as needed.
- Ensure good customer service of the facilities team to other departments.
- Meet regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues.
- With the General Manager, report to the quarterly Facilities Committee.
- 5 + years’ experience leading/managing a large facility/building operation and at least 3 + years in a supervisory capacity
- First Class C Engineer License required. Chief C Boilers License preferred
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of administrative management including budgeting
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff, delegating tasks and authority
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks projects and demands
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
- Ability to be on call 24/7. Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
The Guthrie Theater is located in the historic Mill District along the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As the largest city in the state, Minneapolis offers a large variety of parks, lakes, great food, festivals, malls and more.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Be a part of a leading non-profit organization that is committed to serving not only the local Twin Cities community (you betcha!) but the industry as a whole. Did we forget to mention the sidewalks in the sky, winter makes you stronger, and top-notch employee benefits?
- Facilities Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.