About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients’ success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
About the Position
Perform research and analyses associated with capital structure, operating performance, market analysis, and valuation of real estate investment properties, development projects and corporate entities that are directly involved in the ownership, production or financing of real estate in the context of consulting engagements, corporate restructuring and/or dispute analysis and resolution.
Excellent analytical, research, and oral and written communication skills
Four year degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, real estate, urban planning, architecture, etc.
2 + years of work experience in a related field - likely in one or more of the following fields:
- Real estate appraisal or other valuation
- Real estate development and/or management
- Commercial real estate lending
- Real estate acquisitions / dispositions
- Consulting – likely with a boutique consulting firm specializing in general real estate consulting, valuation, corporate management, restructuring or turnaround consulting/management.
- New graduates with relevant internship experiences may be considered on a case by case basis
- Willingness to travel
- Proficient knowledge of basic terminology and processes associated with real estate operations, typical real estate leasing, acquisition/disposition, and financing transactions
- Proficient knowledge of primary approaches to valuation of real estate interests
- Advanced use of computer models and spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with specialized real estate analytical software such as Argus is preferred
- Familiarity with Internet-based real estate research resources for market information, interest rates, geo-mapping data, etc.
- General knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and terminology
- Accounting / Control
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years