- Responsible for implementing process and procedures, including the retention of consultants, to reduce energy costs portfolio wide
- Implement and monitory compliance with sustainability initiatives proposed by external consultants
- Create facilities management manual and checklist as part of larger Preventative Maintenance Program
- Evaluate vendor contracts across the portfolio to determine appropriate scope and pricing
- Stay abreast of all city, state and federal regulations that impact portfolio assets
- Oversee clearing of violations portfolio wide
- Oversee process of obtaining final COs where necessary
- Establish companywide standards for safety and professional appearance at properties
- Provide technical support and guidance to property management staff on complex engineering issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, safety training and best practices for safety, emergency preparedness and response, and capital project planning and execution.
- Manage the relationship with the third-party employer of building staff
- Indirectly manage all on-site resident managers and building staff, including employees employed by a third party
- Create job descriptions and work flow responsibilities and utilize productive tools to effectively manage on-site teams.
- Evaluate building systems and processes upon acquisition of assets
- Participate with property management teams in the development of property budgets for capital expenditures, maintenance, and repairs.
- Conduct Engineering Operations Reviews at selected properties on an annual basis to assess operational performance and compliance with company standards and operational best practices.
- Create and implement plan for emergency response management
- Create RFPs and manage the contractor prequalification, bidding, and selection process for large repair and maintenance projects
- Evaluate compensation, bonus/incentive plans, hourly costs and benefit programs for all on-site positions.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facility maintenance field.
- Prior experience in high-rise facility management, community management or governance is desired. LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, standards and compliance with policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the building, the environment and workplace safety
- Knowledge of construction and building maintenance skills and systems
- High standards and the initiative as well as ability to coordinate team efforts.
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Ability to multi-task, have strong attention to detail and be well organized in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills
- Solid and consistent work history with excellent references
- Team oriented, self-motivated and a positive attitude
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.