ACORE Capital is an independent commercial real estate finance company. We originate, acquire and manage first mortgage loans, B-notes, mezzanine debt and preferred equity throughout the U.S.
Our management team brings deep industry relationships, unparalleled real estate debt investment experience and access to broad-based deal flow. The team is led by commercial real estate finance veterans Boyd Fellows, Stew Ward, Chris Tokarski and Warren de Haan, who built and ran the commercial real estate lending activities at Starwood Property Trust, Countrywide Financial Corporation and Nomura Securities International Inc. During their 20-year partnership, this team has closed more than 4,000 commercial real estate loans totaling more than $40 billion.
ACORE Capital is seeking an associate with 2-5 years of commercial real estate experience to join the Originations team in the Los Angeles office. The primary responsibilities of the role include reviewing and sizing loan origination opportunities, managing the flow of and reviewing closing due diligence, completing market due diligence, preparing underwritten cash flow models, and preparing detailed investment committee memorandums on real estate debt transactions. The candidate should understand the loan sizing and closing process for debt transactions and manage the process with some oversight. Additionally, the candidate should be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, detail oriented, and be able to work on multiple transactions at once in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of large opportunistic and value-add institutional real estate transactions, including multiple property types across the country.
- Create detailed real estate financial models in Excel and ARGUS.
- Prepare investment committee memoranda.
- Complete market diligence including site visits, calling leasing brokers for data points, and performing research through market reports and online databases such as CoStar, REIS and RCA.
- Manage the collection and review of business due diligence (i.e. rent rolls, financials, leases, contracts, property management agreement, ground leases, estoppels, etc.).
- Order and review third party reports including appraisal, environmental, property condition, seismic, zoning, credit searches, etc.
- Complete credit review of Sponsor, Guarantor and Borrower (financial statement review and analysis, completion of credit forms, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, a related field, or equivalent industry experience. MBA a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Argus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and communication skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.