EYA, an award winning residential builder/developer, is seeking an Architecture Manager in Bethesda, MD. This is an exciting and impactful opportunity to participate in the full-spectrum of design and construction of unique, progressive urban infill projects directly for the owner.
In this position, you will be responsible for primary management of outside consultants during the Design through Construction Document phases, along with providing Owner input and change management during the Construction Administration phases. You will also provide technical expertise and internal consulting across all projects in high-risk areas such as code compliance, mechanical systems, and green building and envelope design.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent project management skills along with technical expertise in the design and constructability of varying residential building types, and have a passion for detail and quality.
Are you an experienced project manager with a background in the technical design and detailing of residential buildings? Are you eager to directly apply your skill set on the Owner/Developer side of the table? Are you a stickler for quality and coordination and able to translate progressive designs into sound construction? Are you a people-person who excels at building trusting and productive relationships? If so, this position is for you!
- Project Manage the Design through Construction Document phases of various EYA townhouse projects by:
- Acting as Owner’s Representative in day-to-day management of outside design professional.
- Ensuring key deliverables, building permits and any other necessary approvals are secured on schedule.
- Engaging external and internal stakeholders to ensure consensus on key design and specification decisions and to establish a detailed architecture schedule.
- Implementing a robust risk management process.
- Monitoring design on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with approved hard cost budget.
- Provide advanced technical input on all projects related to constructability, detailing, regulatory requirements and relevant third party certification programs.
- Participate in Owner decisions on issues related to plans, specifications, finishes and options in consultation with senior members of the team when necessary.
- Methodically manage change to ensure that all team members are notified of document revisions in a timely and thorough manner.
- BS in Architecture, Building Construction, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field; related advanced degree a plus.
- 5-10 years’ experience in residential design and construction, including construction document preparation and construction administration and/or pre-construction management.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with demonstrated experience.
- Extensive knowledge of codes, standards, accessibility laws and other regulatory requirements
- Passion for quality work with strong attention to detail and initiative.
- Commitment to sustainability and background in sustainable design; LEED AP or similar designation a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong oral, written and visual/graphic communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports and other deliverables.
- Impeccable integrity.
- High energy level.
EYA was established in 1992 with the vision of building innovative urban neighborhoods to the highest standards. The company has made its name and reputation by creating high quality, lifestyle friendly, residential communities throughout the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. EYA was selected as America’s Best Residential Builder in 2002 and 2009 and its neighborhoods have earned over 200 other local and national awards. EYA has served as the master developer for a number of large mixed-use projects and public-private partnerships throughout the region and delivers approximately 200 to 300 homes annually. In the last 27 years, EYA has built and sold more than 5,000 homes in more than 40 communities. Go to to learn more about the EYA.
EYA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Architecture / Design
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years