When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Senior Construction Manager at Hines, you will act as the Owner's representative and manage all activities associated with the construction of a base building and/or interior improvements while adhering to the project schedule, budget, lender and/or ownership (partner) requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and facilitate general construction activities
- Assist in preparation of project budget and capital improvement project projections
- Interface with Hines Conceptual Construction group and assist in drawing and specification preparation as well as review pricing and consultant/construction contracts
- Manage and develop Construction Managers
- Monitor and review contractors' work as it relates to budget, schedule and owner's program
- Direct activities of architects/engineers
- Prepare construction updates for the development group and/or ownership
- Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budget updates, change order reports
- Review working drawings
- Administer change order procedures and contractor progress payments
- Maintain and monitor the progress of punch lists
- Control project documentation and historical data regarding construction
- Assist Owner and/or tenants in space planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimating, construction contracts and cost monitoring
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in construction science, engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Ten or more years general contractor or construction related experience with five or more of years in management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate understanding and successful application of general construction terminology and processes
- Demonstrate strong initiative and excellent communication skills
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff and contractors
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
10+ to 15 years