The VP of Development’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Managing Director in assisting with the pursuit of new development, market research, site acquisition, due diligence, managing the design process, financing, and zoning. This position reviews each phase of the construction process and coordinates site specifications.
- Assists in the pursuit of new development, including market analysis, financial feasibility, and preliminary due diligence.
- Creates a proforma for new development including market information, operating expense data, and estimated hard and soft costs.
- Manages the construction draw process, develops monthly project reports, and reviews each phase of the construction process.
- Manages third party inspections and bond releases for projects nearing completion.
- Assists in product and design for developing property.
- Conducts site visits to execute and document framing walks and general construction walks.
- Coordinates telecommunications including specifications, contract negotiations, and coordination of construction.
- Coordinates duties with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property managers, project managers, and development associates.
- Ensures strict compliance with plans and communicates to the Managing Director any critical issues.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate or other related field is preferred for this position.
- Minimum of five plus years’ experience in real estate, development or finance.
- Multi-Family real estate experience a plus.
About the Benefits of joining the Mill Creek Team
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
5+ to 7 years