Multiple positions may be filled from this job announcement. The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is searching for a results-oriented, team player for their Asset Management Division. Under general supervision of the Director of Rental Housing, the Asset Manager will be responsible for taking initiative to ensure that properties are physically well-maintained and in compliance with all lender, U.S. Treasury, HUD and other regulatory requirements, including HCD policies and procedures, agreements, programs and covenants. As an integral member of HCD, the candidate must interact in a thoughtful and collaborative manner with the community level and senior management and exemplify the highest standards of honesty, respect, integrity, and discretion.
- Performs regular financial analysis of assigned portfolio's operating results and performance versus their business plan and searches for opportunities to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Conducts on-site property inspections and file review; identifies and documents deficiencies in property condition, cleanliness, and service levels.
- Conducts preliminary analysis on repositioning of properties and recommends ways to enhance the property.
- Keeps current on market factors that impact the positioning and performance of assigned portfolio.
- Ensures a complete and clear understanding of federal, state and local program requirements for assets within portfolio.
- Assists in the annual involvement of the property audits.
- Reviews and analyzes annual operating budgets and business plans.
- Assists the division director with understanding factors impacting monthly, quarterly and annual reporting results.
- Documents and communicates regularly regarding the performance of the assigned assets and/or portfolio performance with Division Director.
- As required, attends public meetings and presents information on HCD programs.
- Portfolio of properties may have many layers of federal and state subsidies such as Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Project Based Vouchers (both RAD and regular), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME), Affordable Dwelling Units (ADU) and Section 8 Project Based Rental Assistance Vouchers.
- Coordinates activities for projects within assigned portfolio with other asset managers and other HCD staff (i.e. Property Management, Property Improvement and Maintenance, Financial Management, Real Estate Finance, Grants Management, and Design, Development and Construction Divisions) and other Fairfax County agencies and related groups.
NOTE: The starting salary for this position will not exceed the mid-point of the salary range.Employment Standards
Depending on the area of expertise listed below, any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree plus the required years of experience will be considered.
For positions in Asset Management Division:
A bachelor's degree in public or business administration, real estate finance, or related field, plus four years of progressively responsible managerial experience in the fields of real estate, real estate finance, affordable housing asset management, or property management. A master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a credit check and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Preferred candidates will have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or progressive working experience and knowledge within the area of asset management, local and federal housing programs, and/or residential multifamily housing development.
- Solid budget and financial management background, with working knowledge of financial underwriting and modeling to create/manipulate/review pro-formas, budgets, cash flow analysis, and forecasting reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are critical.
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to plan and implement activities in order to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and YARDI.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Experience working with the public, is preferred.
The job will require routine visits to properties within the assigned portfolio, however duties require walking, standing bending, stooping, reaching, carrying/lifting items under 15 pounds in weight, and sitting for lengthy periods. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor and operate keyboard driven equipment. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EO/AA/TTY.
- Asset Management
- Facilities Management
- Property Management