BKM Capital Partners is a growing firm and we are looking for hardworking professionals that want to grow with us. Located in our Newport Beach, California office, the Market Research Analyst will play an integral role by sourcing and extracting valuable market information and analysis of investment opportunities to benefit our organization. We are seeking a qualified, self-sufficient, and thorough researcher for immediate hire. Using extensive research methodologies, you will perform detailed research, analyze the gathered data, and present your findings. The Market Researcher will report to the Managing Director of Acquisitions. The Job Essentials: Data Collection:
- Collect data on competitive assets (multi-tenant light industrial real estate) including availabilities, lease comps and sale comps.
- Collect and organize data on markets and submarkets that BKM is targeting for growth.
- Consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations using proprietary BKM software
- Remain fully informed on market trends through the aggregation of outside research, creating macro market reports on a quarterly basis. These reports are used for external audiences, positioning BKM as a market leader in the light industrial space.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of leasing management software (VTS and Yardi Deal Manager) as well as third party databases (Costar), including but not limited to: accurate availabilities, transaction documents, deal status, marketing brochures, etc.
- Ad hoc market analysis for acquisitions team on selective potential targets.
- Organize and maintain research databases
- Frequently self-audit work and check data for errors and inconsistencies
- Demonstrate resourcefulness by seeking out new and unusual sources of data.
- Pull relevant data for investor due diligence and PPM creation to support investor relations team.
- Create useful tools for field offices in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Denver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, and Seattle including competitive set and availabilities, updated on a quarterly basis.
- Present macro market reports and investment thesis to upper management and investor relations on a quarterly basis.
- Pro-actively call brokers and competitors to collect information.
- Make recommendations to asset management about the positioning of BKM s assets in the market place and how to increase exposure to potential tenants.
- In-house dedicated resource for leasing and asset management software to ensure its training, use, and development.
- Bachelor s degree in research, statistics, marketing, economics or related field required
- 3+ years of proven experience in field of research
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience utilizing CoStar, VTS, Yardi Deal Manager, web, and other data sources a plus
- Experience in leasing commercial properties a plus
- A general understanding of commercial real estate terms and investment principles
- Knowledge of industrial markets in the western region a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Pet, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan + Match
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.