Responsible for Columbus Regional Airport Authority’s (CRAA) real estate portfolio, which includes all commercial and industrial development activities. Provides strategic direction in applying knowledge to develop real estate options, forecasting space requirements based against business and market conditions, and developing and executing strategies that maximize the value of assigned assets while maintaining excellent tenant relations and collaborating with varying stakeholders within CRAA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Supervises the work of assigned staff, including training and assessing competency, providing guidance, and communicating development needs.
- Develops and implements effective portfolio plans that align real estate strategies with CRAA goals and initiatives.
- Manages the strategic direction of all commercial and industrial development and property management across CRAA; maintains a full understanding of managing CRAA’s Master Development Agreement.
- Manages all tenant real estate and leased space; negotiates and oversees new leases and lease renewals and compliance with lease terms, ensures responses are made on tenant inquiries and notifications to tenants of upcoming maintenance schedules, events, or construction projects are handled by the department.
- Manages all commercial and industrial development activities across CRAA, including at LCK, and develops and maintains relationships and collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes revenue and cost of tenant leases to determine return on investment and prepares resolution for presentation to Board of Directors.
- Analyzes and researches market trends and performs analysis for recommendations to determine best real estate selection for CRAA through the negotiation and documentation of completed transaction.
- Oversees building management for spaces under tenant leases; which includes overseeing maintenance schedules, preparation of contracts, inspection of work performed, reviewing invoices, and submitting forms for accounting.
- Manages land sales and market deals in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as real estate expert for varying real estate development projects, including preparing business plans, proformas, and overseeing design and construction.
- Identifies leased properties that are eligible for demo from substantial deferred maintenance over the past several years by collaborating with varying stakeholders as needed in assessing the financials and feasibility.
- Responsible for the relationship with County Auditor to request an existing lease real estate tax parcel be removed from the County’s records when a lease agreement terminates or the addition of a taxable lease when a new agreement is created.
- Works with stakeholders for implementation of Asset Guardian on all CRAA properties.
- Acts as the CRAA expert in all property and industrial real estate matters for various internal CRAA committees.
- Responsible for assisting with varying projects as needed.
- Performs related work as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Real Estate, Finance, or a related field
- Seven (7) to nine (9) years of combined experience in commercial and industrial development with experience managing multiple commercial properties required. Experience in leasing and property management preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license, in good standing
- State of Ohio, Real Estate License
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
Work requires managing and monitoring work performance of a business unit or key work area including evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, establishing broad organizational goals, realigning work, and staffing assignments for the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is generally sedentary. Employees sit most of the time, but may walk or stand for brief periods of time.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Real estate principles and laws
- Construction and lease management, project finance, and investment analysis
- Commercial/Industrial development process
- Commercial real estate provisions
- Real estate tax parcel process
- Bid specification preparation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Principles and practices of basic bookkeeping
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Financial management and analysis
- Real estate lease and property management negotiations
- Commercial/Industrial development management negotiations
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Performing basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and ratios
- Prepare real estate proformas
- Orchestrate multiple vendor schedules simultaneously
- Monitor and evaluate contract service vendor’s performance
- Prepare and analyze financial reports
- Effectively speak, write and understand the English language
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
- Execute strategy by connecting short-term goals and objectives to the longer-term vision of the organization
- Cultivate a positive work environment by setting an example through demonstration and commitment to CRAA’s Core Values
- Build teams, develop people, and partner effectively with stakeholders
- Foster accountability, continuous improvement, effective problem solving and decision making, and managing change
Columbus Regional Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRAA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Portfolio Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.