Prime Finance is looking to add an analyst to its growing Capital Markets team in our New York office. We are targeting candidates with up to 2 years of relevant experience.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework, including real estate loan structuring, underwriting, and/or securitization
- One year of experience at a rating agency or lending platform with capital markets function preferred.
- Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Excel)
- Real estate cash flow modeling experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
- A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
- Strong interest in the real estate debt and private equity industry
- Strong organizational skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Successful completion of a background screen and drug test
Join Prime Finance’s Capital Markets team, which is responsible for the sourcing, negotiating, and structuring of financing for all of the firm’s investments. The candidate will assist in all aspects of capital markets activities with an emphasis on reviewing asset-level underwriting and structuring, and interfacing with warehouse lenders, senior and junior loan syndication counterparties, and market-wide participants in securitization transactions.
Responsibilities also include:
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of underwriting models, asset summary reports, and other supporting documents and materials for lending partners;
- Coordinating with accounting and asset management teams to update and monitor risk management models;
- Assist in all aspects of periodic securitizations, including CRE CLO and CMBS transactions.
- Tracking and coordinating dialogue on all due diligence requests by transaction counterparties including lenders, partners, investors, rating agencies, trustees, and counsel;
- Facilitating servicing requests, future fundings and subsequent inclusion of such advances in applicable financing arrangements for such loans;
- Assisting in the on-going surveillance of real estate securitization markets; and
- Assisting in the evaluation, structuring, and modeling of new financing structures.
PRIME FINANCE was founded in 2008 and has grown to be one of the nation’s premier private real estate lending organizations. Over the past ten years, Prime Finance has originated over 450 loans totaling over $12 billion on commercial properties in the US. Prime lends on a broad range of property types including office, apartment, hospitality, industrial, retail and student housing. Prime Finance also invests in subordinated CMBS securities referred to as B-Pieces. Our loan and investment originations teams are located in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Investors in the funds the firm manages include many leading public and private retirement programs, university endowments, foundations, and high net worth individuals.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include exceptional benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, company-paid holidays, personal days, and vacation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter and salary history.
- Capital Markets
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job